Welcome to the University of Georgia’s Intensive English Program!
If you want to study English in the United States, we think you will love our English language program, the University of Georgia Intensive English Program (IEP). Our highly qualified instructors have extensive experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL), and we are all committed to making you feel welcome and giving you the best possible English language learning experience.
Located in beautiful Athens, Georgia, the University of Georgia is America’s oldest state university and is ranked # 20 in the U.S. among public universities in U.S. News Top College Rankings 2014. While studying in the IEP, you can enjoy our lovely campus, state-of-the-art sports and recreation center, excellent libraries, comfortable student centers, and award-winning cafeterias. UGA is also home to the Georgia Museum of Art and hosts a variety of music and dance performances throughout the year. For sports fans, we have the famous Georgia Bulldawg football team as well as basketball, baseball and other sports. Finally, the campus is right next to downtown Athens, where you will find stylish shops, restaurants, and bars, not to mention great live music
- NEW! Students who successfully complete our level 5 are exempted from the language proficiency requirement when applying to undergraduate programs at UGA.
- Eight-week-long sessions will continue throughout the year.
- A special 4-week July program is available for new UGA graduate students.
- UGA is authorized to sponsor full-time students for the I-20 form required for an F-1 visa and can also sponsor students for the DS-2019 form required for a J-1 visa.
- Special programs can be arranged for groups of ten or more.
We hope that you will enjoy studying in our intensive English program, and we look forward to meeting you soon! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Intensive English Program is part of the Division of Academic Enhancement